What’s up with the WAN?
It’s no surprise that WAN traffic is growing every year. According to one report, it jumped more than 200% in 2016, and shows no sign of slowing down.
This surge is being driven by some familiar trends:
- App migration from on premises to the cloud
- Feature-rich apps and corporate videos that require more bandwidth
- More remote users and local/regional offices due to globalization
As demands on networking infrastructure intensify, SD-WAN (software-defined wide area network) technology is growing in popularity because it can reduce the costs and complexity of managing your corporate WAN. Some analysts believe SD-WAN will ultimately become the dominant form of multi-location business networking.
To help customers provide a resilient network for a high-performance user experience, Citrix offers NetScaler SD-WAN. It enables you to deliver applications to your branch locations – as well as remote and mobile users – with a high level of security, reliability and efficiency. This robust product combines real-time path selection, edge routing, a stateful firewall, end-to-end QoS and WAN optimization.
New! NetScaler SD-WAN Workshop
If you’re interested in learning about SD-WAN in general, and NetScaler SD-WAN in particular, consider this new Citrix Education workshop:
CNS-200W: Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN Hands-on Workshop
This is not a traditional instructor-led lecture course. Instead, it’s a combination of lecture, discussion and practical application that provides optimal flexibility to learn about SD-WAN. The two-day workshop emphasizes hands-on experience, and includes more than 20 lab exercises.
You’ll discover the various SD-WAN implementations and deployment modes available, and receive guidance on choosing the best one for your organization. You’ll also learn about the key benefits of NetScaler SD-WAN:
- Simplified branch infrastructure – By combining SD-WAN, WAN optimization, routing and firewall, this solution helps companies radically simplify their network. They can eliminate or consolidate hardware and lower support costs.
- Centralized management – Zero Touch Service makes it simple to send a new appliance to a site and quickly bring up appliances to join the SD-WAN environment.
- Reduced costs – By making broadband viable for enterprise use, NetScaler SD-WAN helps companies spend less on their network.
Get Citrix Certified!
The new workshop also offers you the opportunity to showcase your skills by becoming Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN Certified. Once you’ve completed the in-class training, you will be offered an online skills assessment to achieve certification.
SD-WAN is one of the hottest networking technologies – for good reason. Join the conversation by talking to one of our Education Specialists, or by enrolling in our new workshop today!